The Search & Recovery Diver Course has two parts:
- Knowledge Development (you will be given a course manual for you to study, independently prior to your open water dives) which will introduce you to search patterns, the equipment required, and the risks and rewards of searching for lost objects.
- 4 x Open Water Dives to practice;
- swimming search patterns using your compass and natural navigation.
- Locating large and small objects using various search patterns.
- Using a lift bag for large or heavy objects, plus other recovery methods.
- Planning a search operation based on facts gathered about a lost object prior to the dive.
The course takes place over 2-3 days.
Courses are scheduled on demand.
Equipment rental is free of charge for this course.