Like many PADI courses, the Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development (studied online, independently prior to your first pool session) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to practise your skills and start exploring!
The course typically takes place over one weeknight and two weekends:
- First weeknight:
- Monday - 18.00 to 21.00: Meet and greet and go over equipment use
- First weekend:
- Saturday - 08.00 to 2:00: pool session
- Sunday - 08.00 to 2.00: pool session
- Second Weekend:
- Saturday - 08.00 to 16.00: Two sea dives
- Sunday - 08.00 to 16.00: Two sea dives
BBQ at the shop after your sea dives!