Like many PADI courses, the Drysuit Specialty course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development (you will be given a course manual for you to study, independently prior to your pool session) to understand what changes when you dive with a drysuit
- 1 x Confined Water Dive to get familiar with diving in a drysuit and to learn new skills
- 2 x Open Water Dives to practise your skills and start exploring!
The course typically takes place over two days*:
- First Day:
- Pool session - 08.30 - 12.00
- 1st Sea Dive - 13.00 - 16.00
- Second Day:
- 2nd Sea Dive 13.00 - 16.00
BBQ at the shop after your sea dives!
*Please note that if you are renting a drysuit from us for the course, to ensure we have the right size available, you will need to come into the Dive Wellington shop so we can get your measurements at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the course to allow time for us to source a suit if required.